Soup Hour: Information for Guests
- The Soup Hour meal is served every weekday at 3 PM in the courtyard just north of the Saint Matthias sanctuary, at 7056 Washington Avenue. The meal is fully complimentary.
- Although we have no rules per se, we do expect all our guests to conduct themselves properly, and to interact with staff, volunteers, and other guests with courtesy and respect. Guests who violate this expectation may be asked to leave.
- Soup Hour guests may be interested in taking advantage of other services and amenities we provide, including U.S. mail service, hygiene kits, funds for public transportation, and information about various social services. To learn more, please come to the Saint Matthias office, located at the northeast corner of the courtyard and open from 9 AM to 4 PM every weekday.
- Guests with medical concerns are encouraged to speak with the volunteer nurse practitioner and registered nurse, who are available every other Tuesday starting at 2 PM.
- For more information, please contact Parish Administrator Dottie Andersen at 562-698-9741, or via email: dottie.andersen[at]gmail.com.